Our rating team provides strategic advice on business rates, maximising savings to a range of clients throughout the UK. We offer specialist balanced advice from a single unit to multi-property portfolios across the retail, industrial, automotive and office sectors to ensure the lowest possible rates liability.
Our performance in business rates reductions and mitigation is excellent; during the course of the 2010 Revaluation we delivered over £60 million savings to clients, operating across the UK to provide local and national solutions.
Our core services include:
- We are at the forefront of negotiations in respect of key property sectors, offering strategic advice to reduce liability through the appeals process including representation at Tribunal and where possible by prior agreement with the Valuation Office Agency and Scottish Assessor.
- Empty property rates services help in respect of unused space including lowering rates during relocation and phased occupations.
- Rate payment management reduces the administrative burden and provides estimates for cash flow and budgeting.
- Rate payment audit provides a forensic review of historic charges to ensure payments are correct and any overpayments identified.
- Building works and disturbance appeals reflect physical changes can provide an opportunity to reduce a client’s liability we can advise and negotiate on your behalf.
Are you ready for the 2017 Rating Revaluation? Business rates are to be revised in England, Scotland and Wales on 1st April 2017, based on the rental market in 2015.
For information on the 2017 Revaluation and how we could help you with your property portfolio rates, please click here.
Snapshot Of Instructions