Our compulsory purchase team advise a broad range of clients throughout the UK ranging from private landowners, developers and corporate occupiers through to national transport infrastructure providers and local authorities.
Our team has extensive experience in advising on the relevant law and government guidance as well as a long established reputation for dealing with complex and high profile cases. We are also adept at maximising compensation in respect of less complex claims.
In addition to advising claimants, the team also advises in the obtaining and exercising of compulsory purchase powers to bring forward site assembly and enable the delivery of major regeneration and development schemes. We also regularly present Expert Evidence at Public Inquiries and the Lands Chamber as well as submitting representations in respect of proposed DCOs and appearing before the Parliamentary Select Committee.
Our core services include:
- Advising on the powers
- Negotiating development agreements
- Site assembly
- Managing external teams including legal advisors
- Dealing with objections
- Viability advice
- Expert evidence at Public Inquiry
- Agreement of accommodation works
- Assessment, negotiation and settlement of claims
- Business relocation
- Relocation of electricity cables and mobile phone masts
- Compensation in respect of water and gas works claims
- Dealing with covenants, wayleaves and easements
- Certificates of Appropriate Alternative Development
- Expert evidence at Lands Chamber
- Acting as Independent Experts
Snapshot Of Instructions