ADDRESS: Sutton Road, Erdington
A New Lidl For Erdington
Lidl would like to bring a new store to Erdington at Sutton Road, complementing the existing store to the south-east on Kingsbury Road. The site currently comprises three vacant buildings. The most northernly located building’s previous use was as a domestic appliance showroom, whilst the other two buildings were furniture stores.
The site is approximately 170m from Erdington Town Centre and is bounded by Highclare School and Erdington Abbey to the north, residential properties to the east and south and a mix of residential and commercial uses to the west. The existing buildings on site will be demolished and the site redeveloped into a brand-new purpose-built store.
The Lidl store will feature an attractive glazed and brick frontage and car parking area with high quality landscaping. Access to the site would be from Sutton Road.
The new store would extend to 2,277 sq m gross internal area with a net sales area of 1,414 sq m. A total of 120 car parking spaces would be created for the store, including 6 disabled spaces, 9 parent & child spaces and 6 electric vehicle charging spaces (two rapid spaces and the provision for four quick charge bays). 12 cycle parking spaces are also proposed.
It is proposed that the Lidl store will be open between the hours of:
- 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays); and
- 10am to 4pm Sundays.
The store would normally receive a maximum of two deliveries per day. All store waste will be stored internally within the warehouse area and will be collected by the delivery vehicle, therefore minimising HGV movements within the site.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
The new Lidl store will provide the following benefits to the local area:
- A store that will provide a clean and new shopping experience to meet the needs of customers
- A dedicated in-store bakery and a commitment to providing food from sustainable sources
- Improved shopping choice and provision of a new discount foodstore
- A high-quality building design that will complement the surrounding area
- Rapid electric vehicle charging points
- Solar panels to provide a sustainable source of energy for the store
- Up to 40 new jobs for local people, in accordance with the Living Wage Foundation rate for all eligible employees and no zero hours contracts
- Landscaping throughout the site
Have Your Say
At Lidl, we know our success depends on the people we work with and the people who choose to shop with us. We recognise that providing high quality products at industry leading prices is only part of the story; the environment in which our customers do their shopping completes the experience. We would like to invite you to provide us with your thoughts on our proposal to open a new Lidl store on Sutton Road.
Please register your feedback and provide any comments online using the email address, QR code or link below:
Alternatively, you can also provide your comments via the return slip below or telephone using this number: 0800 089 0361.
We would welcome your comments on our proposal by 22 October 2021, as all feedback will be taken into consideration.