ADDRESS: Dalmarnock Road, Dalmarnock
A new development for Dalmarnock
We are proposing to submit a planning application for a new development on Dalmarnock Road, Dalmarnock and we are seeking views from the local community.
This webpage provides details of the scheme and how you can share your thoughts.
The proposal is for a 1,265 sq m sales area Lidl foodstore together with 116 parking spaces including dedicated disabled bays, parent and child bays. The store will also feature 2 electric vehicle charging spaces and array of solar panels on the roof. Vehicular and pedestrian access to the store is proposed from both Dalmarnock Road and Springfield Road.
The site is adjacent to the Esso petrol filling station (377 Dalmarnock Road) and occupies a central position at the junction of Springfield Road and Dalmarnock Road. The site is accessible by both bus and train with Dalmarnock Station being located 80m away.
The site was formerly occupied by a bus depot and more recently was used temporarily in connection with the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games. All buildings have been demolished with hardstanding remaining on site.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
The proposal will bring a number of benefits to the locality, including:
- Maximising the use of a historically vacant and unused site;
- The creation of jobs locally through the construction process and employment opportunities once the development has been completed;
- Supporting the ongoing regeneration of the Clyde Gateway area; and
- Providing a convenient foodstore facility for the expanding local community.
Specifically, the new Lidl store will provide the following benefits to the local area:
- A brand new store that will provide a clean and fresh shopping experience to meet the needs of customers;
- A dedicated in-store bakery;
- A sustainable store with roof mounted solar panels providing up to 25% of the store’s electricity supply;
- A contemporary building design that will complement the surrounding area;
- Employment opportunities for local residents; and
- Over Living Wage Foundation hourly rate, starting at £9.50 for all eligible employees and no zero hours contracts.
Have Your Say
We welcome your comments on the information contained in this leaflet and we would be grateful if you could complete our online survey via this link: https://ntgt.de/a/s.aspx?s=454710X96989124X54660 or scan the QR code below:
We will also be holding a virtual event using Microsoft Teams on Wednesday 24 November between 4pm – 7pm. Please click the below link to join:
As an alternative to responding via the online survey, you can also send your comments using the following details:
Email: email@example.com Subject Title – “Proposed Lidl Foodstore and Mixed Use Development – Dalmarnock”
Address: Lidl DARMARNOCK, 11 Titan Drive, Peterborough PE1 5XN
We would ask that comments are sent back to us no later than the 29 November 2021. We will review all comments as part of the consideration of the planning application.