ADDRESS: Walsall Road, Tame Bridge
A new Lidl for Walsall – Tame Bridge
Lidl would like to bring a new store to Tame Bridge, located to the west of Walsall Road.
The site currently comprises a building and associated car park. The building is currently occupied by a memorials and stone work showroom, granite worktop showroom, and a scaffolding hire business.
A tile shop is located to the north of the site. The area to the east is predominately residential in nature. Open space is located to the south, and open space and residential uses are located to the west. The M6 overpass adjoins the site to the southwest.
The site is located approximately 1.3 km to the south of Fullbrook Local Centre.
The proposal is for the demolition of the existing building and the erection of a new discount foodstore (Use Class E) with access, car parking, landscaping and other associated works.
The proposed foodstore has a Gross External Area of 2,368 sq m, and a sales area of 1,411 sq m. 100 car parking spaces are proposed, including 6 disabled, 9 parent & child and 2 electric vehicle charging (EVC) spaces. The development includes the provision of a new access point from Walsall Road at the eastern end of the site.
It is proposed that the Lidl store will be open between the hours of:
- 8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday (including Bank Holidays); and
- 10am to 4pm Sundays.
The store would normally receive Only 1 to 2 HGV deliveries per day (with a maximum 3 deliveries during peak bank holiday periods), which also take waste (80% of which is recycled) back to the regional distribution centre at Wednesbury, helping to reduce the number of traffic movements and reducing emissions as a consequence.
Benefits of the Proposed Development
- A store that will provide a new discount food shopping experience to meet the needs of customers and the expanding local community;
- A commitment to providing food from local and sustainable sources, with two in every three products within our permanent range coming from British suppliers;
- A dedicated in-store bakery offering freshly baked products throughout the day;
- A sustainable energy efficient store to include: roof mounted solar panels providing up to 25% of the stores electricity requirement; the use of highly efficient air source heat pumps to heat the store; and the provision of a Sustainable Drainage System to improve storm water management on site and reduce the risk of flooding;
- Up to 40 new high quality full time equivalent (FTE) jobs for local people, paying not less than the ‘Lidl Wage’ (£10.10 from March 2022 which is 60p per hour more than the National Living Wage for over 23s), and no zero hours contracts;
- Contemporary building design with glazed frontage;
- and Enhanced landscaping throughout the site.
Have Your Say
At Lidl, we know our success depends on the people we work with and the people who choose to shop with us. We recognise that providing high quality products at industry leading prices is only part of the story; the environment in which
our customers do their shopping completes the experience. We would like to invite you to provide us with your thoughts on our proposal to open a new Lidl store in Tame Bridge.
Please register your feedback and provide any comments online using the QR code below:
Or email us at email@example.com
Alternatively, you can also provide your comments via telephone using this number: 0800 089 0361.
We would welcome your comments on our proposal by 01 March 2022, as all feedback will be taken into consideration.