Rapleys is a multi-disciplinary chartered surveying practice that manages commercial, residential and mixed use properties across the UK. We are in a strong phase of growth following a number of key senior appointments.
We are seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to join our FM team to take responsibility for the management of fabric, hard and soft facilities management, planned and preventative maintenance and service charge management across the prestigious investment portfolio of the Letchworth Garden City Heritage Foundation.
The extensive portfolio consists of offices, industrial and retail premises and other specialist assets located throughout the town of Letchworth.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a career in a professional environment with a focus on quality of customer service and strong financial and legislative controls.
Reporting to the Account Manager, the role is to ensure that the estate is maintained and managed to ensure compliance and a high standard of service, with a focus on value for money at all times.
Main duties and key responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for each building’s fabric and facilities
- Maintaining statutory compliance
- Production of annual service charge budgets
- Management of spend against budget (with variance reporting)
- Procurement of planned and reactive contractors
- Contract management
- Performance evaluation of service providers
- Regular inspections
- Evaluation of facilities
- Planning, implementing & monitoring standards
- Liaison with tenants
- Insurance claims
- Project Management – Minor Works
- Auditing health, safety & welfare facilities & facilities services
- Oversight of jobs administered by the FM Helpdesk
Skill & Experience
- NEBOSH Diploma preferred
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. IWFM/MRICS)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong customer service ethos
- Significant relevant Facilities Management experience including portfolio and budget responsibility
- Local BID and other stakeholders
- On-site staff
- Finance Managers
- Facilities Managers
- Competitive salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Perkbox (vouchers and discounts on shopping and entertainment)
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply for this position, please send your full CV, to:
Head of HR
Falcon Road, Hinchingbrooke Business Park
Huntingdon PE29 6FG
Or email email@example.com
Rapleys is proud to have achieved the Standard Award for Investors in People – demonstrating our commitment to invest in our staff and provide excellent service to our clients.
Department: Corporate & Investor Managment
Level Of Position: Facilities Manager
Salary Range: Competitive