Rapleys Neighbourly Matters service is growing and a unique opportunity has arisen within the Bristol office.
Dan Tapscott established Rapleys Neighbourly Matters service in January 2017 and operates throughout the UK delivering Rights to Light, Daylight & Sunlight, Party Wall and Access Arrangement services working alongside our in-house Building Consultancy, Town Planning and Agency teams. The service is going from strength to strength, dealing with a wide variety of projects and clients. Further recruitment is planned across other offices in the forthcoming months. It is an exciting time within a busy office which recently relocated to central Bristol, near Queen Square.
The role available would primarily be to assist Dan Tapscott with work in the Southwest and potentially further afield. The types of property likely to be encountered will vary massively giving a great variety for someone with a keen interest in the built environment. Liaison with clients, project teams, neighbours and their representatives also means being a good communicator is essential.
Dan is a specialist in this field of expertise and the role available is very much seen as a mentoring opportunity for the right person to grow and mature in the role from a key stage in the growth of the team.
The role would suit any individual with a qualification in construction or property based qualification. Graduates with an RICS accredited degree would be welcome to apply to progress through their APC.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Site inspections
- Preparing photographic schedules of condition
- Undertaking Land Registry searches
- Drafting Party Wall notices and awards
- Measured surveys
- CAD drawing work on 3D models
- Background research on neighbouring properties through archives
- Researching Local Authority design guidance
- Contributing to social media promoting the service
- Attending and assisting with organising marketing events
Skills & Experience
- At least one years experience working within the property sector
- Property based qualification preferable
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Highly computer literate
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Full clean driving licence
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension scheme
- Car allowance or company car
- Subsidised gym membership
- Perkbox (vouchers and discounts on shopping and entertainment)
- Cycle to work scheme
For more information or to apply for this position, please send your full CV, to:
Head of HR
Falcon Road, Hinchingbrooke Business Park
Huntingdon PE29 6FG
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rapleys is proud to have achieved the Standard Award for Investors in People – demonstrating our commitment to invest in our staff and provide excellent service to our clients.
Department: Building Consultancy
Level Of Position: Surveyor
Salary Range: Competitive