Job Title: Planner
Based: London / Manchester / Birmingham
Reports: to nominated Partner or Senior Associate
Job Purpose Summary: Engaged as planning practitioner supporting senior colleagues as required
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conducting planning activities as directed by the project co-ordinator.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely and to develop arguments in written form.
- Developing technical knowledge in the field of town planning and technical expertise.
- Day to day management of time.
- Working on projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines in accord with the QA system.
- Client contact as required in support of senior colleagues.
- Needs an appreciation of budgetary constraints imposed on projects/instructions and to work effectively within the constraints of the instruction.
- Working to achieve professional membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Responsible for contributing to own continuing professional development through attendance at appropriate
training courses and internal CPD sessions and wider reading.
- Developing an understanding and appreciation of project management and interdisciplinary working arrangements.
MRTPI qualified or working towards
- Competitive salary
- Car or car allowance
- Holiday entitlement starting from 23 and rising by one day per year to 28 days (plus public holidays)
- Employers pension contribution (which also provides death in service benefit)
- Perkbox and cycle scheme.
Location: Manchester / Birmingham
Department: Town Planning
Level Of Position: Planner
Salary Range: Competitive