Job Title: Senior Planner
Based: Manchester / Birmingham
Reports: to nominated Partner or Senior Associate
Job Purpose Summary: Engaged as planning practitioner capable of taking responsibility for defined pieces of work as required to do so in accordance with the project plan.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conducting planning activities.
- Ability to provide professional advice direct to clients on questions of project strategy in consultation with Project Partner.
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge in the field of town planning and technical expertise.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely and to develop arguments in written form.
- Working on projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines in accord with the QA system.
- Client management and advice in support of Partner and Associate.
- Ability to attend meetings with clients/local planning authorities and other stakeholders as a representative of Rapleys and to liaise directly with other professionals pursuant to effective management and conduct of projects.
- Professional report writing skills; the ability to develop and express an argument clearly and concisely in written form in consultation with Project Partner.
- Attend appeal site visits.
- Maintaining professional membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Responsible for contributing to own continuing professional development through attendance at appropriate training courses and internal CPD sessions and wider reading.
- Competitive salary
- Car or car allowance
- Holiday entitlement starting from 23 and rising by one day per year to 28 days (plus public holidays)
- Employers pension contribution (which also provides death in service benefit)
- Perkbox and cycle scheme.
Location: Manchester / Birmingham
Department: Town Planning
Level Of Position: Senior
Salary Range: Competitive