Job Title: Senior Planner
Based: London, Bristol, Birmingham and Cambridge
Reports: to nominated Partner or Senior Associate
Job Purpose Summary: Engaged as planning practitioner capable of taking responsibility for defined pieces of work as required to do so in accordance with the project plan.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Conducting planning activities
- Ability to provide professional advice direct to clients on questions of project strategy in consultation with Project Partner
- Maintaining and developing technical knowledge in the field of town planning and technical expertise
- The ability to write clearly and concisely and to develop arguments in written form
- Working on projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines in accord with the QA system
- Client management and advice in support of Partner and Associate
- Ability to attend meetings with clients/local planning authorities and other stakeholders as a representative of Rapleys and to liaise directly with other professionals pursuant to effective management and conduct of projects
- Professional report writing skills; the ability to develop and express an argument clearly and concisely in written form in consultation with Project Partner
- Attend appeal site visits
- Maintaining professional membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute
- Responsible for contributing to own continuing professional development through attendance at appropriate training courses and internal CPD sessions and wider reading
Scope of Role (staff, clients, products, equipment)
- Town planning practitioner within scope of instructions and project plan.
- Able to communicate with client contacts and external bodies/authorities/consultants in respect of project working as required
- Not to accept direct instruction from clients without reference to Associate or Partner.
- Competitive salary
- Car or car allowance
- Holiday entitlement starting from 23 and rising by one day per year to 28 days (plus public holidays)
- Employers pension contribution (which also provides death in service benefit)
- Perkbox and cycle scheme.
Location: London, Bristol, Birmingham and Cambridge
Department: Town Planning
Level Of Position: Senior
Salary Range: Competitive