Neil is a Partner in Rapleys’ town planning team and is passionate about providing clear, commercially informed planning advice to his clients.
He has an extensive knowledge and understanding of the planning system gained during more than 15 years experience within private sector planning consultancies in London, Leeds and Manchester. In this time, Neil has successfully advised clients in the private, public and voluntary sectors.
Neil has specialist knowledge and experience in the residential, retail, automotive and roadside, office and healthcare sectors. He has a proven track record in managing complex planning applications and appointing and leading large, multi-disciplinary consultancy teams on behalf of his clients. Neil is confident in leading negotiations with local authorities and key stakeholders. More recently, Neil has successfully represented clients at appeal as an Expert Witness.
Completed and current projects include:
- Redevelopment of the former British Sugar factory site in York to provide over 1000 new homes, educational facilities and public open space
- Redevelopment of a previously developed Green Belt site in Greater Manchester to provide approximately 85 new family homes
- Redevelopment of an out of centre brownfield site in Leeds for retail and car showroom units totalling 90,000 sq ft
- Redevelopment of a key City of London site to provide a new 50,000 sq m headquarter office building
- Development of a headquarter office building in the Green Belt on behalf of a international pharmaceuticals company