Tony joined Rapleys as a partner in the town planning department in January 2018. Before joining the team, Tony headed up the Regional planning teams at GL Hearn, prior to which he was Head of Planning at the RPS Bristol. Tony has over twenty-five years’ experience as a professional planner, with the last twenty years spent in consultancy.
Tony advises a wide range of private and public sector clients across a variety of sectors and has acted on a number of high-profile planning projects including:
- DP World London Gateway Container Port for Shell and P&O Ports
- Barton Farm 2,000 dwelling urban extension to Winchester for CALA Homes
- Hunts Grove 2,500 dwelling urban extension to Gloucester for Crest Nicholson
- Marlborough Park, Swindon 600 dwelling mixed-use development for Places for People
- Eden Westwood major leisure, retail and tourism project at J27 of the M5 for Aviva and the Eden Project
Tony has extensive experience advising major home builders including Crest Nicholson, Taylor Wimpey, Vistry Group, Barratt Homes, Persimmon Homes, and CALA Homes, and regional home builders including Bewley Homes and Redcliffe Homes. Tony also acts for developers including Land Improvement Holdings, Gallaghers, Heron Land and Places for People. Tony has also advised public sector bodies including Severn Trent Water Ltd, Thames Valley Police Authority and the Association of Chief Police Officers.
Tony is an experienced expert witness having acted on behalf of clients at major planning inquiries and examinations in public across the country. He has significant experience in successfully managing and leading multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of major projects with a particular focus on large scale residential schemes.