Our team has an extensive track record working with private developers in assessing affordable housing and planning obligations in accordance with client objectives. We act as part of the client’s development team and provide detailed financial viability appraisals and reports to be included as part of the planning application submissions, as well as negotiating with planning authorities and presenting expert evidence as required.
We also provide specialist valuation and agency advice to both registered providers and private sector developers in connection with affordable housing, from site acquisition and development planning, through to scheme funding and disposal. Importantly, we fully understand how to deliver affordable housing as part of a multi-tenure or mixed-use scheme. As part of this we provide detailed valuation and strategic advice on all aspects of affordable housing delivery including input on design, tenure type and mix in order to maximise the affordable housing values.
Our core services include:
- Market research and consultancy advice
- Review of development proposals and input on scheme mix, quantum, tenure and design
- Detailed residual valuation models such as Argus Developer, HCA DAT model and Three Dragons
- Formal viability reports in support of planning applications
- Pre-submission and post submission negotiations
- Advice on the drafting of the affordable housing provision within the s.106 agreement
- Advice relating to commuted sum payments and negotiations
- Formal and informal affordable housing valuations
- Affordable housing agency advice
- Expert evidence