Level of position
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
Reports: to Senior Partner
Job purpose summary: Managing a team of town planning consultants, acting as project Partner/Manager and supporting the Senior Partner in the development of the business.
- Conducting and managing planning activities
- Maintaining a thorough technical knowledge in the field of town planning and technical expertise
- Ability to act as expert witness at planning inquiries
- Management of immediate staff including appraisals/timesheets/holidays/CPD/disciplinary matters and training
- Day to day management of teams including WiP/invoicing and debts
- The management of projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines in accordance with the QA system
- Agreeing project plans and fee agreements
- Quality control of output of team and projects in accord with the approved QA system
- Project planning and reviews acting as project Partner/Manager across a number of disciplines
- Contributing to the development and management of the wider business including work winning, marketing, recruitment, training, staff development and the efficient organisation of the workload across the department
- Client management
- Maintaining professional membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Dispute resolution on behalf of company – where problems have arisen on projects up to the Project Partner to be the person who resolves those disputes/liaises with clients
- Responsible for contributing to own continuing professional development through attendance at appropriate training courses and internal CPD sessions and wider reading.
Scope of Role (staff, clients, products, equipment)
- Control of a defined planning team
- Acting as a Partner of Rapleys in the wider interest of the business
- Managing client contacts of that team and the wider business in conjunction with others
- Ensuring that the quality of advice and work meets the required standard.
Join us at Rapleys
More vacancies for you
Planning Vacancies – Associates, Senior Planners & Planners
Birmingham / Bristol / London
Associate MRICS Building Surveyor
Senior MRICS Building Surveyor
Senior Town Planner
Senior Surveyor and above – Party Wall surveyor