Sarah Smith expertise
- BA (Hons)
Sarah joined Rapleys as an Associate in 2011, being promoted to Partner in 2015. She works nationally with a wide range of clients dividing her time between the Bristol and Birmingham offices. Prior to joining Rapleys, Sarah had worked in consultancy in Swindon since the late 1990s and has more than twenty years experience as a professional planner.
Sarah has advised a range of private sector clients across a variety of sectors including Taylor Wimpey, Persimmon homes, Redrow, Bellcross Homes, Commercial Estates Group, Associated British Foods, Wrenbridge Estates, Gallagher Developments and the Jockey Club. High profile planning projects including:
- 4,500 dwelling/mixed use urban extension to Swindon (Wichelstowe) for Taylor Wimpey
- 5,000 sq m extension to a pharmaceutical factory in Swindon
- Regeneration and redevelopment of former British Sugar refinery in York for 1,100 dwellings
- Promotion of a 4,500 dwelling garden village at Colworth, Bedfordshire for Wrenbridge/Unilever
- Regeneration and redevelopment of former factory site for B1/B8/5,600sq m Asda store at Worksop for CEG
Sarah has significant experience in managing and leading multi-disciplinary teams on a wide range of major (and minor) projects, with particular emphasis on largescale residential/mixed use/commercial (non-retail) schemes. Sarah’s specific area of knowledge is Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) where she has over twenty years of experience of advising, managing and co-ordinating Environment Statements to accompany planning applications.
Budget reaction from our experts
SUSTAINABILITY Lee Fraine, head of sustainability and building services at Rapleys, said: “The only real focus on sustainability was the acknowledgement that we need another source of power as renewables are not enough and funding for nuclear energy.