Planning Vacancies – Associates, Senior Planners & Planners
Associates, Senior Planners & Planners
Level of position
Depending on Experience
Rapleys is currently enjoying a sustained period of growth across all divisions of the business. To this end our Planning division is looking for knowledgeable and passionate professionals to fill a number of new vacancies in our Birmingham, Bristol and London offices.
We need Associates, Senior Planners and Planners to provide town planning advice and consultancy services for clients across a variety of industries including retail, healthcare, residential, automotive & roadside and commercial.
This is truly an exciting time to join Rapleys as we continue our expansion and development plan.
Key responsibilities (depending on seniority of appointment):
- Conducting planning activities as directed by the Project Co-ordinator.
- Preparing planning applications and planning appeals as well as liaising and negotiating with planning officers, clients and third parties.
- Assessing projects for both risk and feasibility, inputting into company investment decisions.
- Working on projects with a view to meeting agreed client requirements and deadlines in accord with the QA system.
- Attendance at meetings, planning committees, pre and post application public consultations.
- Managing budgetary constraints imposed on projects/instructions and to work effectively within the constraints of the instruction.
- Ensuring compliance with local planning regulations.
- Writing reports, interpreting data, and making recommendations.
- Demonstrating business development skills through effective client management, networking events and using planning expertise to identify short- and long-term prospects.
- Possessing sound knowledge and understanding of project management and interdisciplinary working arrangements.
- RTPI/MRTPI qualified or working towards
- Technical knowledge in the field of town planning and associated legislation, procedures and standards.
- The ability to write clearly and concisely and to develop arguments in written form and through debate/discussion.
- Responsible for contributing to own continuing professional development through attendance at appropriate training courses and internal CPD sessions and wider reading.
- The ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively.
- Competitive salary
- Company Pension Scheme (to include Death in Service)
- Car/Car allowance
- Private Medical Insurance + Cash Plan
- Bonuses for performance and business generation
- General holiday allowance + birthday + Rapleys Wellbeing Day
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity & Adoption policies
- Subsidised gym membership
- Recognition awards (including long service & work anniversaries)
- Regular social events plus annual business-wide event
Join us at Rapleys
More vacancies for you
Chartered Building Surveyor – up to Associate Partner level
Senior Surveyor / Associate – Automotive & Roadside
Manchester / Birmingham / Huntingdon
Associate to Partner level – Party Wall surveyor