Sale of church and halls, Whetstone, North London
URC Thames North Trust
Disposals & Acquisitions
Charities Not for Profit
We were initially approached to give advice on the potential value of the property for the local church on the basis for redevelopment, with a residential element paying for new community facilities or for the existing building in community use.
The local church subsequently decided to close and we were instructed to market the property by the URC Thames North Trust, who took ownership upon the local church’s closure.
We fully marketed the property to achieve the maximum possible price in order to enable our charity client to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Charities Act 2011.
- Provision of an initial report to give the church possible options for the way forward
- Preparation of marketing material to generate the maximum interest in the property on the open market
- Undertaking marketing of the property and carrying out viewings and negotiations with interested parties to maximise value to the client
- Renegotiation of the terms with the buyer and the sale of part of the site (a small block of flats subject to a long lease) to an interested party who had only been interested in buying this element during the marketing period
- Providing a formal Qualified Surveyors Report to enable our charity client to meet their obligations under the provisions of the Charities Act 2011
- Achieving a sale price for the two sales in excess of the original asking price for the whole site.
Our track record
Stadium Holdings Ltd
1 Olympic Way, Wembley
Neighbourly Matters advice for a 7-storey extension to provide student accommodation
12,000 Stock Condition Surveys – Yorkshire Housing
Appointed by Yorkshire Housing via the Fusion21 Framework to complete 12,000 stock condition surveys over a 3-year period
Kruton No. 2
9-12 Middle Street, Brighton
Appointed as Employer’s Agent on new build commercial project.
Acquisition for Kwik Fit, Atex Business Park, Stowmarket
Instructed by Kwik Fit as national retained acquisition agents
Affordable housing provisions for a mixed-use scheme, Balham
Provided a detailed FVA, development advice and affordable housing strategy
Affordable Housing valuation for a mixed use scheme, Garratt Lane, Wandsworth
Development Consultancy advice to support a planning application for a mixed use scheme
London and Regional
Albert Island Redevelopment
Providing Cost Management & Quantity Surveying services on an exemplar industrial intensification project
Aldersbrook Baptist Church
Aldersbrook Baptist Church, Wanstead
Sale of church hall and provision of cost advice regarding development and refurbishment of church.
Ropemaker Properties Limited
Alfa Laval Tower, Brentford
Assessed the financial viability of the scheme for a planning appeal