Sale of church and halls, Whetstone, North London
URC Thames North Trust
Instructed to market the property, selling it in excess of the original asking price
Disposals & Acquisitions
Charities Not for Profit
We were initially approached to give advice on the potential value of the property for the local church on the basis for redevelopment, with a residential element paying for new community facilities or for the existing building in community use.
The local church subsequently decided to close and we were instructed to market the property by the URC Thames North Trust, who took ownership upon the local church’s closure.
We fully marketed the property to achieve the maximum possible price in order to enable our charity client to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Charities Act 2011.
- Provision of an initial report to give the church possible options for the way forward
- Preparation of marketing material to generate the maximum interest in the property on the open market
- Undertaking marketing of the property and carrying out viewings and negotiations with interested parties to maximise value to the client
- Renegotiation of the terms with the buyer and the sale of part of the site (a small block of flats subject to a long lease) to an interested party who had only been interested in buying this element during the marketing period
- Providing a formal Qualified Surveyors Report to enable our charity client to meet their obligations under the provisions of the Charities Act 2011
- Achieving a sale price for the two sales in excess of the original asking price for the whole site.
Get in touch
Gain national and local expertise through our multidisciplinary teams of experts.
Our track record
Stadium Holdings Ltd
1 Olympic Way, Wembley
Neighbourly Matters advice for a 7-storey extension to provide student accommodation
Acquisition for Kwik Fit, Atex Business Park, Stowmarket
Instructed by Kwik Fit as national retained acquisition agents
Acquisition of a former public house, Godalming
Identified and acquired the site for Majestic Wine
Affordable housing provisions for a mixed-use scheme, Balham
Provided a detailed FVA, development advice and affordable housing strategy
Affordable Housing valuation for a mixed use scheme, Garratt Lane, Wandsworth
Development Consultancy advice to support a planning application for a mixed use scheme
London and Regional
Albert Island Redevelopment
Ropemaker Properties Limited
Alfa Laval Tower, Brentford
Assessed the financial viability of the scheme for a planning appeal
Orchard Street Investment Management
Altrincham Retail Park expansion
Secured planning permission via a Section 78 appeal
The Crown Estate
Application and Environmental Impact Assessment for land off Beavor Lane, Axminster
Planning application and EIA for for part of the east Axminster urban extension
The Arch Company
Providing a full suite of Building Consultancy services throughout the UK