New to industry petrol filling station, West Sussex
Automotive & Roadside
Planning permission was secured for a new to industry petrol filling station in rural West Sussex, on an undeveloped greenfield site within the designated countryside and opposite High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Part of the site was subject to previously dismissed planning appeal for a new petrol filling station.
The key driver for the client was to expand its business to meet the needs of motorist along this part of the strategic road network, which were currently not being met by existing roadside provision within the area.
- A background presentation about the scheme was delivered to the local parish council in order to promote the scheme and discuss the previous objections, which had culminated in the dismissal of the previous appeal
- Responsible for managing the submission of the planning application, coordinating the team’s responses to statutory consultees, speaking at Planning Committee, and following up with the Planning Officer thereafter
- Secured planning permission for a petrol filling station at the site, notwithstanding the previous appeal dismissal for similar development
- Reviewed the previously dismissed appeal and relevant planning policies in order to identify favourable policy themes to make the case for the principle of development and to address the Inspector’s previous concerns for countryside and landscape impact
- Provided technical work advising the client and team on securing a Needs Assessment to demonstrate that there was an evidenced need for a new petrol filling station in this location
Planning permission was subsequently secured with Rapleys continuing to assist the development process by overseeing the discharge of planning conditions on behalf of the client.
Our track record
Stadium Holdings Ltd
1 Olympic Way, Wembley
Neighbourly Matters advice for a 7-storey extension to provide student accommodation
12,000 Stock Condition Surveys – Yorkshire Housing
Appointed by Yorkshire Housing via the Fusion21 Framework to complete 12,000 stock condition surveys over a 3-year period
Kruton No. 2
9-12 Middle Street, Brighton
Appointed as Employer’s Agent on new build commercial project.
Acquisition for Kwik Fit, Atex Business Park, Stowmarket
Instructed by Kwik Fit as national retained acquisition agents
Affordable housing provisions for a mixed-use scheme, Balham
Provided a detailed FVA, development advice and affordable housing strategy
Affordable Housing valuation for a mixed use scheme, Garratt Lane, Wandsworth
Development Consultancy advice to support a planning application for a mixed use scheme
London and Regional
Albert Island Redevelopment
Providing Cost Management & Quantity Surveying services on an exemplar industrial intensification project
Aldersbrook Baptist Church
Aldersbrook Baptist Church, Wanstead
Sale of church hall and provision of cost advice regarding development and refurbishment of church.
Ropemaker Properties Limited
Alfa Laval Tower, Brentford
Assessed the financial viability of the scheme for a planning appeal