Building survey and due diligence, Hillsmead, Kent
Building Services & Sustainablity
Rapleys Building Consultancy was instructed by our client to undertake a technical due diligence survey of a substantial Victorian property spanning 11,000 square feet in substantial rural grounds covering 20 acres in rural Kent. The property included an outdoor swimming pool, tennis court and separate stables and cottage accommodation.
The client wanted a comprehensive building survey report to highlight to them any risks and costs associated prior to proceeding with the purchase of the property.
- We undertook a detailed inspection of all areas of the property and grounds and provided the client with a thorough report detailing any defects or anticipated maintenance over the coming years with budget costs associated
- Our inspection included a mechanical and electrical survey to check all plant, including the extensive heating installation and pump/filtration system for the outdoor swimming pool
- We commissioned a drone survey to inspect the vast number of different roofs, chimney stacks, lead detailing and rainwater goods to high levels of the property which were difficult to access
- We commissioned a timber survey which successfully identified a number of areas of wood boring insect infestations along with budget costs for remediation works
- We commissioned a separate drainage survey to check all below ground drainage at the property and provide budget costs for any remedial works required. This was particularly useful due to a historic water well which was identified beneath the property
To conclude, our client proceeded with the purchase of this beautiful property fully aware of any existing defects and significant future maintenance, along with accurate budget costs associated with each item giving them peace of mind.
Get in touch
Gain national and local expertise through our multidisciplinary teams of experts.
Our track record
Stadium Holdings Ltd
1 Olympic Way, Wembley
Neighbourly Matters advice for a 7-storey extension to provide student accommodation
12,000 Stock Condition Surveys – Yorkshire Housing
Appointed by Yorkshire Housing via the Fusion21 Framework to complete 12,000 stock condition surveys over a 3-year period
Kruton No. 2
9-12 Middle Street, Brighton
Appointed as Employer’s Agent on new build commercial project.
Acquisition for Kwik Fit, Atex Business Park, Stowmarket
Instructed by Kwik Fit as national retained acquisition agents
Affordable housing provisions for a mixed-use scheme, Balham
Provided a detailed FVA, development advice and affordable housing strategy
Affordable Housing valuation for a mixed use scheme, Garratt Lane, Wandsworth
Development Consultancy advice to support a planning application for a mixed use scheme
London and Regional
Albert Island Redevelopment
Providing Cost Management & Quantity Surveying services on an exemplar industrial intensification project
Aldersbrook Baptist Church
Aldersbrook Baptist Church, Wanstead
Sale of church hall and provision of cost advice regarding development and refurbishment of church.
Ropemaker Properties Limited
Alfa Laval Tower, Brentford
Assessed the financial viability of the scheme for a planning appeal