Redevelopment of former British Sugar site, York
Associated British Foods
Environmental Impact Assessments
Redevelopment of a redundant sugar beet refining and processing site comprising 98 acres to create a new sustainable community of 1,100 new homes, community uses and open space. The site forms part of the largest regeneration project in York.
Our town planning and environmental assessment services ensured that the vision of creating a sustainable, inclusive community through the regeneration of this key brownfield site will be achieved in the most expedient timescale. Commercial and viability advice provided by Rapleys will ensure that the masterplan is deliverable and commercially viable. The redevelopment will leave a positive legacy for British Sugar and ABF in York.
- Rapleys secured planning permission for the comprehensive redevelopment of the former British Sugar site, to provide a new residential led community of 1,100 new homes, community uses and open space. Rapleys continue to provide strategic planning and development consultancy services to ensure the delivery of the development
- Rapleys was responsible for the full management of the planning application process, including detailed pre-application consultation with the Council, in line with the site specific Planning Performance Agreement. As part of the pre-application consultation process, Rapleys co-ordinated and managed a series of Community Forum meetings and a full public exhibition, ensuring that the local community was involved in shaping the future development
- Our dedicated team was responsible for the preparation and submission of an outline planning application for the comprehensive redevelopment of the site, managing the sub-consultant team in the preparation of all necessary supporting information. In addition, Rapleys co-ordinated the full environmental statement to support the planning applications
- As part of the bespoke planning strategy we promoted, dual applications were submitted with the agreement of the Council. Consequently, following negotiations over some months with the Council, an appeal against non-determination was submitted in relation to one of the ‘twin tracked’ applications, to protect the client’s interest and ensure determination at the earliest opportunity. This appeal was dealt with at a Public Inquiry, at which Rapleys acted as Expert Witness, and was then granted by the Secretary of State, following ‘call-in’
- Rapleys also provided commercial and viability advice in respect of the regeneration to inform affordable housing and s106 planning obligation requirements.
Our track record
Stadium Holdings Ltd
1 Olympic Way, Wembley
Neighbourly Matters advice for a 7-storey extension to provide student accommodation
12,000 Stock Condition Surveys – Yorkshire Housing
Appointed by Yorkshire Housing via the Fusion21 Framework to complete 12,000 stock condition surveys over a 3-year period
Kruton No. 2
9-12 Middle Street, Brighton
Appointed as Employer’s Agent on new build commercial project.
Acquisition for Kwik Fit, Atex Business Park, Stowmarket
Instructed by Kwik Fit as national retained acquisition agents
Affordable housing provisions for a mixed-use scheme, Balham
Provided a detailed FVA, development advice and affordable housing strategy
Affordable Housing valuation for a mixed use scheme, Garratt Lane, Wandsworth
Development Consultancy advice to support a planning application for a mixed use scheme
London and Regional
Albert Island Redevelopment
Providing Cost Management & Quantity Surveying services on an exemplar industrial intensification project
Aldersbrook Baptist Church
Aldersbrook Baptist Church, Wanstead
Sale of church hall and provision of cost advice regarding development and refurbishment of church.
Ropemaker Properties Limited
Alfa Laval Tower, Brentford
Assessed the financial viability of the scheme for a planning appeal