Andrew joined Rapleys in September 2021 as a Town Planning Partner in the Manchester office from GL Hearn, where he led the Manchester planning team for 4 years. He has over 25 years’ experience working in the public and private sectors and is a specialist in residential planning and town centre regeneration, with extensive experience in promoting and securing planning permission for new residential development and preparing town centre strategies and masterplans.
Andrew has worked on a number of key projects including:
• Newbury Town Centre Masterplan – project manager and planning lead on preparation of a 20 year vision and spatial masterplan for Newbury Town Centre on behalf of West Berkshire Council
• Bromborough Wharf, Wirral – strategic promotion leading to a series of outline planning applications for the redevelopment of a former employment site for c.1,400 homes on behalf of Black Pearl Capital and The Grammont Group
• Selina Hotel Group, Various Locations in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and Brighton – supported the launch and growth of the Selina brand in the UK through the preparation of planning and listed building applications for the redevelopment of new boutique hostels in Manchester, Birmingham, Liverpool and Brighton
• Homes England, Various Sites – provided planning advice to support the disposal of various sites for residential use to include outline planning applications for sites in Rochdale, Bury, Skelmersdale, Preston and Sale
• York Drive Regeneration – planning lead as part of a team including WSP and HTA architects to provide development and planning advice to regenerate a social housing estate at Yorke Drive, Newark on behalf of Newark and Sherwood District Council
• Barratt Partnerships – planning lead on the acquisition and promotion of public and strategic land across the UK to include the successful acquisition of sites in York, Newcastle, Borden, Runcorn, Leatherhead and Birmingham.
He is an experienced project manager and effective leader co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams on complex planning and regeneration projects for both the public and private sectors. He also has a strong commercial and development background having previously worked for Barratt Developments and mixed-use development company Urbo Regeneration, where he led large multi-disciplinary teams to deliver major residential and mixed-use development schemes across the UK.